Flying can seem scary to some, while others enjoy it. There are quite a few people out there who will choose to fly in any cabin of the aircraft, as long as they reach the destination on time, though there are others who want to fly in style. If you fly frequently, you will know more about what the airlines offer than if you fly once in a while. Most airlines give you the option of flying in their economy class, business class, or first class cabins.
While economy seats cost less, as the name suggests, flying business class will be more expensive, while flying first class will be much more expensive, maybe over double what you will pay for economy seats. So, you will be looking for first class flight deals, as nobody likes to spend more than they have to.
Why Would you Choose to Buy First Class Airline Tickets?
- You can expect to get much larger seats with plenty of legroom when compared with economy cabins. The seats can be expanded into beds, so you can reach the destination feeling fresh and without any trace of jetlag. The one reason most people have for flying first class is that they value their privacy. In most cases, you will even be able to do your office work while you get ready for your next meeting at the destination.
- The in-flight entertainment will be included in the ticket price, and usually, you will have as large a TV screen in front of you as you do in your house. You can expect special earphones with volume control too.
- As for the in-flight meals and beverages, you will be given an entire menu to choose from. While for economy and business class, you need to choose the type of meal you will be served when you make your flight booking, in first-class cabins, you can choose once you board the airplane. You will have more options for what you are served, including the drinks.
- There will always be flight attendants ready to assist you with whatever you may need, whether you need extra pillows or blankets.
- You will also get preference at check-in and at departure gates. In the case of international travel, you will even be offered lounge access without any charges.
How do you Procure Flight Tickets for less?
Well, if you are planning to fly first class, you will obviously have a good bank balance, unless you are on a special trip and you want to experience flying in these cabins just once in your life. No matter what the case is, you will always want discounted first class flights. What is recommended is that you book early or book when you are expecting sales, like on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
If you book early, as more seats will be available, the airlines will keep the rates low to have them booked at the earliest. If you delay, there will be fewer seats available, and this in turn will mean that the rates will increase. The other thing that you can do is wait for offers on special days of the year. You should note that there are usually more offers for economy seats than for first-class ones, but there is no harm in trying.
Upgrades are one way to fly first-class
One thing you should note is that the low-cost airlines don’t have any first-class cabins! This means that options in terms of airlines offering first-class seats will be limited. Also, these seats are fewer when you fly domestically. If you are flying internationally, you will have the choice of a number of international airlines, particularly the Middle Eastern and Asian ones that take pride in their first-class cabins.
In case you need cheap flights to Bangkok, you can research details of the first-class cabin; who knows, you may find a deal to your liking. If you have business class tickets, you can look out for upgrades, and for this, the airlines prefer flyers who are loyal to them. It often happens that some seats in the first-class cabin may not have been booked, and often the airlines offer these to their passengers who have seats booked in other cabins. You should do this because you may not have to pay the difference in fare but only an upgrade fee. If you are a frequent flyer with an airline, you will have their loyalty cards, and they allow their passengers to use their earned miles for such upgrades.
What you can do?
So, when you have made up your mind about the cabin you want to fly in, you can use sites that allow comparisons between airfares for seats in the same cabin. If you go through the sites of every airline, this will take some time. Online travel agencies have made life much simpler for passengers, as they have made the cost analysis much more transparent for them. You must also compare flight rates for weekends and weekdays for this class of air tickets. This will help you know when you can fly for less. There are times of the year when you can get cheap first class flights easily; you just have to keep looking for them.